For my practical project I want to expand on several of my key points addressed in my essay and conducting my own practical project utilising fractal geometry.
I am especially aware of the fact that I am neither an artist or a mathematician and my practical project will be conducted on the premise that I am neither but that fractals are a useful tool that I and others can use in creative practice. I intend to use mathematical equations to create a work that is aesthetically appealing and applicable to creative practice as a field.
I want to further explore the use of fractal geometry in creative practice and further the three main points that I addressed in my essay; the shared aim of math and art to explain and explore nature, the validity of process in art and how this can in cases mimic nature very closely and lastly the counter-productive insistence on trying to define inter-disciplinary work as 'math' or 'art'.
To do this I will produce a 'non art' and 'non-math' piece of work that instead aims at being an investigation at how fractal geometry can be useful in creative practice.
No comments:
Post a Comment